You may have images on your iPhone that you don’t want to delete right away, but you don’t want them to appear in your Photo Library for whatever (privacy) reason. You don’t need any third-party apps to hide any of those photos on your iPhone. Apple has a built-in feature that allows you to conceal images on your iPhone. You can use this option to ensure that your photos are not visible to anyone looking through your Photo Library.
Apple allows customers to conceal photos from their Photo Library for a long time. The concealed photographs, however, were part of a ‘Hidden’ album that was still available in the Photos app’s Albums area. With the release of iOS 14 last year, that experience was upgraded.
Without the use of a third-party program, iOS 14 allows you to totally hide images on your iPhone. Here’s how to go about it.
Without using a third-party software, here’s how to conceal images on your iPhone.
Make sure your iPhone is running at least iOS 14 before beginning the instructions on how to hide photos in your iPhone without using a third-party software. It’s also worth nothing that on iOS, the secret album is turned on by default. However, you can disable it by following the steps below. You can also use the same procedures to hide videos same as you do for images.
- On your iPhone, open the Photos app.
- Choose the photo or video that you want to conceal. By selecting the Select button in the top-right corner of the screen, you can select numerous photographs or videos.
- Select Hide from the menu after tapping the Share button.
- Confirm that you wish to conceal the photo(s) or video(s) you’ve chosen (s).
- Go to Settings and then to Photos.
- Turn off the Hidden Album option by scrolling down.
To see the folder in the Photos app, repeat step 5 and 6 and turn on the Hidden Album option again. It should be noted that any photos or videos you hide may appear on third-party apps. The processes for hiding and unhiding images on an iPad can also be followed on iPadOS.